- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, soft, darkly speckled, mashed well
- ¼ cup plain or honey yogurt (we prefer greek style)
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (approx.) granola
- ¼ cup (approx.) raw or turbinado sugar
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two muffin pans with 18 paper baking cups; set aside.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
4. Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl.
5. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.
6. Portion batter in to muffin cups using a standard ice-cream scoop, leveled.
7. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of granola on top of each muffin.
8. Sprinkle a large pinch of raw sugar on top of each muffin to create a delicious carmelized crunch.
9. Bake for 21-25 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
11. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
12. Serve warm or at room temperature.