Welcome to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday! If you're here to share a craft, recipe or project post, you'll find the linky and the specifics on how to strut your stuff below.
If you're here to read, browse, or are just curious, you've landed at Rook No. 17 on a frabjous day (that's right, frabjous -- I'm channeling a little Lewis Caroll as it were) full of inspiration and creative ideas! Just take a look at what talented people all over the world are sharing in their links below. You may just walk away with a new favorite recipe or a spark of inspiration!
Red Herring - (n.) Something that draws attention away from the central issue.
I was so happy with the success of the launch of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." last week. I had a wonderful time visiting all of the participants and was simply awed by all the talent out there. As promised, I've been looking forward to shining the spotlight on a few of the submissions entered the previous week. But, the task is proving to be much more difficult than I anticipated, since all the entries were truly feature-worthy! How does one single out a few, without slighting the many? How do I show my appreciation, admiration, and not write a blog post eighty-feet long? I've been mulling this over and have decided the following:
1) If you participate regularly, you will assuredly be recognized and featured. Every "bird" will have her day!
2) I'm going with what I'm calling "The Organic Approach". This week, after visiting all the participants, it occurred to me that a common thread wove itself naturally through several of the posts. What struck me most this week was a preponderance of WHIMSY. I was charmed by the way that a theme simply evolved in this organic way. Rather than forcing a theme, I'd like to continue to let "A Little Birdie Told Me..." be a creative free-for-all, and let the themes develop naturally. I am confident that in the weeks to come, I'll be able to find more common threads, and will have a delightful time sharing what I have found with you!
So, without further ado, I give you this week's featured posts:
A Little Birdie Told Me...
...there was Whimsy in the air!
1. Lezlee of Prior found a way to "preserve" history with her beautifully embellished antique bottles, shown here holding photos and keepsakes.
2. Christy of Fudge Ripple had me floating on a cloud of lemon meringue whimsy with her incredible recipe for Ten Layer Lemon Meringue Cake.
3. CK of Made By Bedtime Tales made me wish I was a little girl again with her Cupcake Playhouse, ingeniously made with thrift shop sheet and PVC pipes!
4. Bev of Flamingo Toes completely captured my heart with the matching Octopi-inspired gift sets for her sweet little nieces! She shares the scoop on how she did it and includes a link to a free pattern for the plush octopus!
Now it's time to link-up and share the wonderful things that you've dreamed up!
--It's a weekly linky party held on Tuesdays
--An opportunity to show off your talents and creativity
--A way to connect and be inspired by others
Rules, Regs, Formalities and Tantalizing Tidbits
1) FOLLOW: Be a "Follower" of Rook No. 17
2) LINK-UP: Link-up the URL of a specific post (not your blog URL) you'd like to share. It can be a craft, a recipe, a DIY project, or anything else you've created that you'd like to show-off! You are welcome to link-up more than one post.
3) POST THE BUTTON: Grab the code for the "A Little Birdie Told Me..." button (above) and add it to the end of your post, or on your blog side-bar.
4) COMMENT: If you'd like to be considered for a Spotlight Feature in next week's party, please leave a comment letting me know the thumbnail # of your link (You can find this by putting your cursor right over your link)
4) Show the other birds some comment love by visiting the the two links that precede yours.