The other day I discovered a quick and delicious recipe for baked salmon that is table-ready in 15-minutes (HERE). While the salmon was baking, I whipped up a healthy and delicious side dish -- Lemony Cucumber Bulgur Salad with a garlicky Greek yogurt dill dressing. It's the perfect accompaniment to a light dinner of baked fish or chicken. Here's how it's done:
Lemony Cucumber Bulgur Salad
with Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup quick-cooking bulgur (I used Trader Joe's)
- Two small lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 Tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® California Style Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Dill Weed
- 1/2 an English Cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
Step 1: Prepare bulgur by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add bulgur and boil for 10 minutes. Drain, then transfer to a medium bowl.
Step 2. In a small jar, add lemon zest and juice, yogurt, olive oil, garlic and seasonings. Shake vigorously to combine.
Step 3: Toss bulgur with dressing, tomatoes and cucumber. Serve. Excellent warm or chilled.